- Watch for pedestrian traffic at all times
- If you are dropping off or picking up children, please use the "pickup/drop off lane" next to the sidewalk. Please do not leave your car unattended in the pickup lane and move forward as room allows. If you need to come into the building, use the "visitor parking," not the gym lot or the south end parking lot.
- Children need to be dropped off at the north end of the front sidewalk in the morning. Please do not drive into the "gym parking lot." Students will walk around the gym to the playground. (if you arrive after 8:10 am, children may be dropped off at the office doors.)
- The bus loop is not available for parent pick up or drop off.
Dear Canyon Creek Families,
There has seemed to be some confusion about absences and what is considered an excused absence and what is not. Below are some of the rules we have listed in the handbook regarding absences. Thank you for taking the time to review these.
1. parents are asked to call our attendance hotline prior to 9:00 a.m. or send a note to excuse student absences
2. Absences will not be excused unless the school receives a phone call or note, signed and dated by the parent, stating the reason for the student's absence
1. Personal illness
2. Appointments with health professionals
3. Legal appointments
4. Emergency family situations
Calling in a student will either mark it as an excused absence or unexcused absence, based on the reason. Not calling in a student at all will mark the student as truant and will result in you being notified by our automated system.
Hopefully, after reviewing these rules we have cleared up any confusion.
Canyon Creek Office Staff
Parents, if your child(ren) needs medication administered at the school, you must complete a Medication Consent Form. This form must be completed for both prescription and non-prescription medication. A doctor's signature is required for all prescription medication.
Student lunch accounts MUST be paid by Monday, May 21st.
Negative balances are not allowed the last two weeks of school. Students must have enough cash in their account to cover meals through the end of the year.
Breakfast $1.60 (Reduced Breakfast $0.30)
Lunch $2.40 (Reduced lunch $0.40)
Any positive remaining balance left on your child's account will carry over to the next school year. If your child is moving on to high school then the remaining will be transferred to younger siblings. If your child is moving on to high school with no younger siblings or is moving to a different school, the balance will be refunded to you.
For any questions, please call Ms. Egan at 406-656-4471.
Our Annual Dilly Bar Day is coming up on Thursday, May 24th!!
Our local Dairy Queen donates dilly bars for all of Canyon Creek students and staff! We all get together outside on the playground and enjoy the sunshine with a cool treat!
So make sure when you go to Dairy Queen next time to thank them for their support of our school in a very refreshing way!