Before you buy or sell a home, watch the video below. For home buyers, know what you're buying and get peace of mind. For vendors, streamline the selling process with one less condition on sale.
A LIM includes:
- copies of plans of the house and any alterations/additions
- any Code Compliance Certificates that Council holds
- copies of building consents and resource consents that have been issued
- District Plan information, such as activity areas/zones, protected trees, historic sites, designations and significant archaeological or cultural resource areas
- other land information such as flooding, slipping, erosion and past contamination
- rates information
- any weathertight homes or earthquake prone buildings on a property.
Find out more about what a LIM contains (PDF 140 kb).
How much does it cost?
The cost of a LIM depends on things like the property type and how quickly you need it. Find out how much it costs by taking a look at our LIM, property and building information fees list.
You can pay for your LIM:
- via secure online payment: credit card or bank account payment available through our website
- in person at Council's main building at 30 Laings Road, Lower Hutt
How long does a LIM take to arrive?
LIMs are completed within 10 working days after the day of application.
However you can request a five-day turnaround time for an extra fee.
Standard LIMs will be processed within 10 working days and will be completed as soon as possible.
Conditions apply (fast-tracking depends on seasonal demand) and we accept fast-track applications on a case-by-case basis.
Ready to apply?
You can apply for a LIM:
- Apply online – just enter your address and pay the fee by credit card, bank card or bank account payment. (Please check that you have the right property; if you’re unsure you can contact us)
- by completing a LIM application form
- by collecting a LIM application form from Council's main building at 30 Laings Road, Lower Hutt.
You can choose to receive your LIM:
- as a PDF by email
- in hard copy by post (the limited postal service means there may be delays)
- by collecting it in person from Council's main building at 30 Laings Road, Lower Hutt.
Watch the video below to see what's included in a LIM.