If you are an SCF employee, this page will guide you to connecting to the Southcentral Foundation VPN (Virtual Private Network). If you are not an SCF employee, please click here to return to the SCF website.
By proceeding, you will be accessing a Southcentral Foundation private network. Use of Southcentral Foundation's network through the VPN client is solely intended for Southcentral Foundation employees. Southcentral Foundation reserves the right to revoke these privileges at any time if the following installation and security guidelines are not followed; use of the Southcentral Foundation network through a VPN client is solely intended for employees who accept the conditions set forth in this disclaimer.
Southcentral Foundation is not responsible for 'broken' software or hardware on personal owned home computers as a result of VPN installation. Any non-Southcentral Foundation employee accessing any part of the Southcentral Foundation network via the VPN client or any other means is liable for legal action against them. The VPN software will remain solely in the possession of the authorized user; user may not distribute the VPN software to any other person or persons. You must agree to disconnect an active VPN connection when away from your computer.
Southcentral Foundation may conduct monitoring activities without further notice. Anyone who accesses a Southcentral Foundation computer system without authorization or exceeds access authority, or obtains, alters, damages, destroys, or discloses information, or prevents authorized use of information on the computer system, may be subject to penalties, fines or imprisonment.
By proceeding, you certify that you have read, understand and hereby agree to follow all of the installation and security guidelines in the above VPN disclaimer.
Downloading the VPN Software. If you are not on an SCF-provided computer, and have not yet set up the Palo Alto GlobalProtect software, please follow these instructions.
Connecting to the SCF VPN. If you have already installed Palo Alto GlobalProtect, or are already on an SCF-provided computer (but not on the SCF network), please follow these instructions.
Disconnecting from the SCF VPN. Use these instructions to disconnect from the SCF network when your work is complete.
1. Click here to begin the download.
2. When prompted, enter your SCF Network Login and Password.
3. Click on the GlobalProtect link for 32-bit Windows, 64-bit Windows, or Mac, depending on your computer's operating system. (32-bit Windows is most common.)
4. When asked "Do you want to run or save this file?", choose Run.
5. When asked "Do you want to run this software?", choose Run.
6. Click Next through the next several screens until you reach the "Installation Complete" screen. Click "Close" to exit installation.
7. Please note that while installation is now complete, you are not yet connected to the SCF network. Follow the next set of instructions to connect.
1. In your Start Menu, select "Palo Alto Networks" -> "GlobalProtect" -> "GlobalProtect".
2. Enter your SCF Network login and password. Make sure that the "Remember Me" box is not checked. For "Portal", enter "vpn.scf.cc". Click Apply.
3. When the GlobalProtect window indicates "Connected", you may close or minimize that window.
4. You should now see an "earthlike" icon appear near the bottom right of your screen. If you place your mouse pointer over the icon, the word "Connected" should pop up.
1. To disconnect from the SCF Network, right-click on the GlobalProtect icon at the bottom right of your screen, then choose Disconnect.